A Lesson in Fruition
Multiple Intelligences…. Arts Integration… my own curriculum… and THE most incredible boss …. How far can I go?
Well, here is an example lesson with many enticing choices using spelling words.
- Phonics Lesson
- Identify and illustrate unknown vocabulary (dictionary skills)
- Review Grammar: Nouns, Verbs, etc. (act out action verbs, use online dictionary)
- Create a poem and insert adjectives (especially a few numbers)
- Sing the poem to a tune
- Turn the poem into a word problem using the RICE method which incorporates illustration)
- Create a poem based cartoon strip
- Write a story (BME) about the cartoon
- Trade cartoons with a buddy and have them create a prequel or sequel
If you can think of any way to incorporate more of the Multiple intelligences, please let me know! I would like to try to incorporate dance. Maybe if the poem contained a cowboy them, we could use square dancing. I am all atingle waiting for your ideas.